Phoenix Gate Studio is growing and we need to hire a WordPress Developer on contract to help with a variety of development tasks for our client websites.
Under contract, the successful candidate will work with PGS to troubleshoot technical issues with WordPress websites, optimize the WordPress configuration for speed and security, and create or update custom plugins and scripts.
Our hours are flexible, however our deadlines will be firm, and you’ll generally have a day, or sometimes two, to complete most tasks. Larger tasks will include an appropriate schedule.
Ready to learn more? Here’s the full story.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Manage front-end and back-end development and some updates
- Database and server integrations
- Developing, editing, or altering WordPress themes and plugins
- Website performance tests
- Optimize caching plugins and site performance, including Litespeed for WordPress
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer
- Experience working with debugging tools
- Excellent understanding of website architecture, functionality, and aesthetics
- Ability to project manage, and good communication skills
- Experience with Google Compute Engine, cPanel, WHM, CloudLinux, SSH and other server tools
Who We Are
Phoenix Gate Studio is a Toronto-based WordPress developer and social media marketing company supporting small businesses with expert tools for managing their websites and content. Our clients depend on us to keep their sites running, up-to-date, and increasingly manage their social media presence.
Work will vary, and may require anywhere from 5-10 hours per month, with generally flexible timing. The role is on a trial basis, however, if the trial goes well, the role could expand into more work and hours.
$40 per hour, on contract, or flat fees for some projects, to be negotiated on the same hourly rate.
Virtual, however as a Toronto-based developer, we prefer local and Canadian developers.
Please fill in the following form for consideration. I’ll respond to all qualified applicants.